Invisalign Mesa, AZ – Clear Braces
Braces are only one of the options today for straighter teeth. If you or your child have bite problems or crooked teeth, you can choose the Invisalign system. At Mesa Dental we offer Invisalign as well as many other dental services.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system uses 3-D computer imaging to create a clear plastic device that fits over the teeth. The aligner is removable, which offers many benefits you won’t find with conventional braces. In addition, the aligner is made of clear plastic and is nearly invisible when you’re wearing it.
Why Would I Want Invisalign?
Invisalign has many benefits compared to regular braces.
- Computer modeling allows you to look at images of your mouth and teeth, so you will able to see the changes after your treatment is concluded.
- Invisalign can be used in both adolescents and adults.
- Invisalign aligners are removable. You can – in fact, must – take them out to eat, so no dietary restrictions are necessary. You can clean your teeth just as you always do.
- Because the aligners are removable, you can take them out for a special event, such as a wedding, senior pictures or prom night.
- Most patients need fewer appointments, as the aligners don’t need regular adjustments the way conventional braces do.
- Invisalign aligners are made of smooth plastics. They don’t poke or rub on your gums or the inside of the mouth.
How Does It Work?
Invisalign treatment includes aligners, dental mold impressions and computer modeling. The impressions are used to create the computer models and the aligners are designed based on those models. Every two or three weeks, you’ll switch to a new aligner, which will move your teeth a little more. In most cases, patients will spend about nine to 15 months in treatment. You may wear up to 30 different aligners. As with conventional braces, you’ll need to wear a retainer at night once treatment is finished.
Is Invisalign More Expensive?
Whether Invisalign is more expensive compared to conventional braces really depends on what kind of treatment is required. Costs are different in each case. Most insurance plans cover the same percentage of the cost for Invisalign as for conventional braces.
If you or you child need orthodontic treatment, please contact us at Mesa Dental. We can schedule a free consultation and answer any questions you may have.