What You Should Know About Dental Laser Treatment in Mesa AZ
Admit it. Even though maintain proper oral hygiene, going to the dentist still scares you. When it comes to having dental work performed, you’re not alone. After all, who wants to have sharp, metal objects poking and prodding in their mouth?
Thankfully, technological advancements in the field of dentistry is now coming full circle, which means you get to say farewell to pointy, metal dental tools and hello to high-tech lasers!
Continue reading to learn more about laser dental treatment.
What is dental laser treatment?
The laser used in this treatment is a very small and focused beam of light energy that causes a reaction to the tissue when it touches the tissue. This allows to either reshape the tissue or remove it entirely.
Dental laser treatment is used for a variety of problems such as:
- Hypersensitivity in the gums
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease
- Teeth whitening
Laser treatment is proven to be more efficient and comfortable than traditional dental surgical procedures.
How does dental laser treatments work?
There are two types of procedures that can be performed; soft tissue and hard tissue. The soft tissue procedure is used for the gums and the hard tissue procedure is used for teeth.
Hard tissue procedures usually include:
- Tooth preparation – When it comes to laser treatments, there will be no need for anesthesia or drills.
- Tooth sensitivity – Lasers can treat any teeth that are sensitive to hot and cold substances by sealing the tubules of the root.
Soft tissue procedures include:
- Removal of tissue folds – The lasers are able to remove any tissue folds caused by dentures that don’t fit without any sutures.
- Lengthening crowns – Dentists will use the laser in order to reform the gum tissues and bone for a better tooth structure, which helps them place crowns on the teeth.
- Gummy smiles – This is when the gums cover a majority of the tooth, which is called a gummy smile. Lasers can treat this by reshaping the gums, which will expose the tooth.
What are the risks?
Of course, where there are benefits, there are risks. However, there is very little risk with dental laser treatment. The only thing you need to do is find a qualified dentist who is certified in laser dental procedures.
Dental laser treatments in Mesa are not only more convenient than traditional methods, but also a time-effective solution.
whether you are looking to perfect your smile or are in need of dental restoration, look no further than Mesa Dental! Contact us today by calling our number at 480-396-9900 today!